Friday, September 12, 2014

The Korean Disneyland

For the last day of the Chuseok holiday we decided to go to Lotte World. Now that I think of it, I don't even know why I agreed to go. I'm terribly afraid of heights and I don't like the feeling of free fall, it makes me feel like I have a heart attack. But I went anyway, in order to challenge myself.

We're going in!



This place is almost a replica of Disneyland/world. Even the colours of the castle are exactly the same!


This is one of the few rides I went on. The fastest roller coaster of the amusement park, my voice was almost gone by the end of the ride. This should not have been the first ride to go on.

Lotte World consists of an outside area, called the Magic Island, and an inside area, called the Adventure Land. Adventure Land is also the biggest indoor amusement park in the world, with different rides, museums, and even an ice rink that's open 365 days a year! Impressive, eh?


The theme of the parade was Halloween, even though I don't think Koreans celebrate or does much about this day. 



We lined up for almost 2 hours for a 2 minutes ride. Look at all these people!

This was ridiculous. Not only was this ride fast, it also had loops. I had my eyes closed and was screaming my head off throughout the whole ride. Definitely proved myself of not being a rides person, at all.

There were a lot of European looking buildings throughout the park. Oh, and a lot of couples. In couple outfits, couple shoes, couple accessories, couple everything. Fun times for a single lady.



The park also had a stage. There was a musical performance on that day. I think there are even times when K-pop groups would come and perform.

We ended the day off with Bingsu (shaved ice). IT WAS SO GOOD. Totally a re-energizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment