Saturday, October 11, 2014

HyeHwa - Ihwa Mural Village

After almost 2 weeks of staying around campus and nothing to do on a Saturday afternoon, I decided to find a place to explore in Seoul. Since everyone was studying (I'm not being lazy, my midterms are just later than theirs!), I wanted to find a place where being alone would be a better idea.

So I picked Hyehwa! This is actually where the old campus of SNU is situated, but then has since moved its current location of Gwanak-gu in 1975. 

The old campus map and my shadow ^^


Next, I went to Ihwa Mural Village. This is a project initiated by the government back in 2006 to revitalize the neighborhood. Once an isolated neighborhood, this project brought in life and art, and of course, visitors to the village. 







Where are you guys going??










The village is right next to a part of the remains of the Seoul (Hanyang) city wall. In other words, a smaller scale of the great wall of China...?






... what do you want to do?




Obviously, this is the most popular piece of art. I didn't have anyone to take a picture for me, so I skipped out.




Lock Museum

This exploration was very exciting for me. I love how the art just integrates with whatever is around them. It was also a great day to walk around, though it did get hot once you start hiking around as the  village is situated on a mountain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment